Wastewater Plant Clean Energy Microgrid
In partnership with the City of Rialto, together with Veolia, AECOM, Lyles and Heila.
Table Rock is leading the development of an islanding biogas-solar-battery microgrid on behalf of its 30-year partner, the City of Rialto, together with Veolia, AECOM, Lyles and Heila.
The Rialto Microgrid project is unique in that it utilizes bio-gas generated by the wastewater plants bio digestion process to fuel a generator that will account for approximately 65% of the plants energy needs. On-site solar power generation will account for the remaining 35% of the plants energy needs. And a 2.4 MW battery will normalize intermittency in solar production resulting in a stable 24/7 energy production facility at the wastewater plant. The plant will run in island mode on a default basis and connect to the grid to optimize peak demand pricing and time of use arbitrage opportunities. Upon completion the plant will be 100% carbon free reflecting a major improvement over the historical practice of flaring bio-gas. The Rialto Microgrid is an excellent example of a next generation Combined Heat & Power application in a municipal commercial and industrial facility.